Scripture Union South Africa has a Literature Assistant opportunity available in Durban.
SU has a vacancy for a key ambassador for the KZN area who will oversee our Bookshop and Resource Centre. The ideal candidate will have vision to make a difference in a broken world. She / he will want to see children, youth and families grow in Christ. Willing to dedicate a number of years to impact this generation, the candidate will spend time in God’s Word, love Bible studies and want to action change.
- Building key partnerships with churches and fellow ministries;
- Expanding book table support for events and seminars;
- Planning, promoting and hosting ministry training events;
- Raising a team of volunteers to help implement our national vision;
- Developing a new footprint in KZN in partnership with the SU fieldwork team;
- Enabling people to find the resources needed for ministry and Christian growth;
- Willing to assist where needed within the SU ministry.
Ideal qualifications, knowledge and experience are:
- Relevant tertiary qualification;
- Basic level of Theological training;
- Driver’s license and own reliable vehicle;
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant experience, ideally in SU South Africa;
- Understanding of SU’s ethos and contextual South African realities;
- Good MS Office skills;
- Great communication skills;
- Committed Christian with active church involvement;
- Proven ability in sales and marketing.
Please send a CV (no more than two pages) and a covering letter to SU Bookshops General Manager, Janet Greener, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your CV should include your personal contact details, education, qualifications, at least three references with contact numbers and a recent photo of yourself. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For more information about Scripture Union, see www.su.org.za. Closing date for applications: