Scripture Union (SU) South Africa is a Christian mission and registered NPO (008-036) reaching out to the young people of South Africa with the Gospel. It was established in South Africa in 1924 and has presence in most of our provinces. It aims to lead young people to know and walk with God.
Primary objective of the GD/CEO role: As the chief executive, to ensure the sustainability of the movement and to lead SU in continuous strategic thinking as well as dynamic leadership through mentoring, encouragement and active participation, as well as to lead the spiritual climate of the movement.
- Fundraising and Finances to ensure the sustainability of our mission and strategy;
- Vision Casting;
- Servant Leadership and Management by objectives;
- Marketing and Promotion of SU;
- Cohesion and Mentoring throughout SU South Africa;
- Structure, Governance and Fiduciary Responsibility;
- Participation in SU movements in Africa and internationally.
(This is not exhaustive and amendments and additions may be required in line with future changes.)
Qualifications, knowledge and experience:
- Evangelical Christian with active current church involvement;
- Relevant tertiary education qualification (preferably a Master’s Degree and theological studies);
- Experience and previous track record in NPO leadership;
- Financial oversight experience and involvement in fundraising;
- Strong networking skills;
- Experience in youth sector;
- Fluency in English with excellent written and verbal communication skill;
- Computer proficiency essential;
- Willingness to travel
Closing date for applications: 31 August 2022. Please send a CV (three pages max) and a covering letter to Sharon Viljoen on email address email@example.com with subject header, ‘SU General Director/CEO Application.’ CVs are to include personal contact details, educational qualifications, experience record and skills, and covering letter including a brief explanation of why the applicant feels called to this position. CVs must also list three references with contact numbers and email addresses. A recent photograph of the applicant must be attached. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. For more information about SU, visit www.su.org.za.