Scripture Union South Africa is a registered NPO (008-036) that reaches out to young people of South Africa with the gospel. It was established in South Africa in 1924 and has presence in most of our provinces. It aims to lead young people to know and walk with God.
To provide leadership and management of all financial accounting, treasury and payroll functions for Scripture Union South Africa. The post holder is responsible for all organisational financial and office management required to ensure the responsible and legally compliant use of financial resources for the organisation.
The Finance Director reports to the General Director. This position is based in Cape Town.
• Provide effective day-to-day administrative support;
• Planning and Budgeting;
• Financial Reporting;
• Oversee treasury functions;
• Manage Payroll;
• Manage financial accounting systems;
• Manage all tax related issues;
• Oversee financial processes;
• Asset Management;
• Design and manage financial controls;
• Manage Auditing Process.
Qualifications, knowledge and experience:
• B Com (Honours)/CA;
• Minimum 5 years finance management experience as a senior finance manager;
• Knowledge of Accounting Packages e.g. Pastel/ IQ Retail
• Good MS Office Skills;
• Good Communication Skills;
• Committed Christian;
• Strategic and operational planning skills;
• Excellent financial management skills;
• Experience in the NGO/NPO sector will be an added advantage, ideally in a Christian ministry environment.
Personal skills and attributes:
• Highly organized, self-motivated and reliable;
• Able to work under pressure;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Excellent administrative, organizational and planning skills;
• Team player
Closing date for applications: 17th March 2017
Please send a CV (no more than two pages) and a covering letter to email@example.com with subject header, ‘Finance Director’. Your letter should state why you wish to apply for this role, and what skills you bring to the position. Salary is negotiable.
Your CV should include your personal contact details, education, qualifications, at least three references with contact numbers and any relevant experience and a recent picture of yourself. Please note that only short- listed candidates will be contacted. For more information about Scripture Union, refer to http://su.org.za/