Kadesh is a camping centre situated on 22 hectares in a beautiful wooded area on the banks of the Magalies River, just a few kilometers upstream from the Hartbeespoort Dam. This site, with a panoramic vista of the Magaliesberg, is only one hour’s drive from Johannesburg. A campsite with large open grounds and situated in between the trees of the Hek Poort valley. A river runs through the property and a separate Bush camp facility is being created. It is a great facility for family camps and school camps and has a large meeting area and numerous face brick chalets.
It has many great facilities, namely:
- 10 Bungalows, each with two separate rooms, plus a leaders cottage.
- Sleeping accommodation sufficient for up to 160 people.
- A large dining room and meeting room
- A swimming pool
- A wonderful outdoor environment with abundant bird life and indigenous flora
- A small dam, can be used for water games, eg: River Canoeing
- Excellent ablution facilities
- A short hiking trail
- Bush camp in progress
- A large playing field, with volley ball court, a trampoline and an equipped playground for children
- An obstacle course (an instructor can be arranged)