Glenhaven is ideally situated in a mountainous setting with wild river frontage to offer your school, youth or church group an unforgettable camp experience. The camp is situated on over 100 hectares of unspoilt property framed on one side by a mountainous backdrop and on the other with frontage on the Umzimkulu River. Glenhaven is the ideal venue for school and church camps. The camp offers a variety of outdoor adventure ministry, experiential education programmes and accommodation options to suite your groups needs. Our vision is to offer high value, high impact Christ centered programmes and facilities to youth and families. Glenhaven specializes in both group and personal transformation.
- Glenhaven offers comfortable group accommodation for up to 100 people in 18 rooms.
- A large hall serves both as the meeting, eating and indoor activities venue.
- The kitchen is fully equipped to meet the needs of both catered and self catering groups of various sizes.
- Four rooms have ensuite facilities and a room is set aside for teachers and ministers.
- Glenhaven also has separate camping facilities next to the river for individuals, families and small groups wishing to use their own tents or caravans. This campsite has its own ablutions and a stone walled lapa for shelter and meetings.
- Glenhaven offers both catered and self catered options to groups using the venue.
- Allowing us to cater for your camp means you are free to focus on the important issue.
- Our meals are good quality, ‘home cooked’ style and the portions are generous.
- We do try to cater for various dietary requirements and are more than willing to adjust our menus within budget to suite your groups needs.
- Sample menus are available upon request.
- Self catering facilities are available to those groups who are on a tighter budget or want to run their own camps.
- The Glenhaven kitchen is fully equipped for all your self catering needs. Crockery and cutlery is available for hire to self catering groups.
- Glenhaven runs a variety of exceptional camp and outdoor programs to help you achieve the desired outcome of your camp. See the programmes page for more information.
- The site has a lot to offer guests whether they are making benefit of our programmes or running their own.
- Guest activities include river tubing, swimming, hiking, fly fishing, volley ball, a foofie slide, and an obstacle course for guest use. Open fields, mountain grasslands, quiet pools, swirling rapids, forests and starry nights offer a variety of settings for games and activities and a peaceful, secure setting to retreat, grow and relax in.
Click here to download the booking form